Running a YouTube campaign isn’t as complicated as you think. If you’re looking to build your network of followers, advertise a product, service or promotion, or simply make your video content visible to a wider audience, all you need are two things: a YouTube channel and a Google AdWords account.
Below is a set of step-by-step instructions that you can use as a guide in setting up and executing your YouTube campaign. It is suggested that you work with an SEO consultant to further evaluate and narrow down your list of keywords and to brainstorm with you for a better strategy in improving your online visibility.
Below, PurpleClick Media shares some instructions for running your own successful YouTube campaign:
1. Click the “+ Campaign” button and choose the “Online Video” option to open the AdWords for Video Tool. This tool allows you to view YouTube metrics – the numbers that matter in this campaign.
2. Set your daily budget, target locations, targeting criteria, and so on.
3. Set the Maximum Cost Per View for your campaign, which limits the amount of money you have to pay every time a user views your video.
4. Identify your target audience based on the demographic (gender and age), topics, or people who are interested in the topic (which allows you to target users who belong in particular interest groups, such as fashion, food and travel). You can also target users who search for specific keywords or phrases in YouTube’s search field. Note that this only works for exact keyword or phrase matches.
5. Identify which video you’d like to use, as well as the ad format you prefer. You may either stream the videos or create the ads as in-display ads.
6. Afterwards, select the ad attributes, such as text for in-display ads, the landing page or relevant URL and the thumbnail image.
One last thing – decide whether you want users who click on your in-display ad to go to your channel or to just a specific video (if your channel has not been optimised yet, go for the former). Good luck with your campaign!